User Agreement of CONTEMUS
This English translation is provided for your reference purposes only, and is not legally binding outside Republic of Korea. Only a Korean version of the User Agreement is legally binding in Republic of Korea.
Refund is not possible in any case inside or outside Republic of Korea. However, if there is any item which is broken or has a fault, the item will be changed with the same one only.
Cancellation of an order could be made by email only before the item ordered dispatched.
Chapter 1. General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
1. The purpose of this User Agreement of the Contemus (the “Contemus”) is to set forth the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the parties using the services through the Contemus site (the “Site”).
2. Understanding and careful consideration is all members’ duty before registration and this user agreement is applicable for members.
Article 2 (Notice and Validity)
1. The User Agreement is validated by posting on the “Site” and other possible method of communication.
2. “Contemus” can amend this User Agreement and the amendment is validated as defined in Section 1.
3. Registration means agreement between the “Contemus” and the customer to accept the condition and system of the “Site”. As the “Contemus” has full right to change the condition and system with or without notice, a customer’s complain about the change of the condition and system should not be accepted, even if there were no notice or report.
Article 3 (Other Standing Rules)
1. Any terms not defined in this User Agreement will follow the general commercial practices and Korean domestic laws of communication and online matters.
Article 4 (Definitions)
The terms used herein shall have the following meaning:
1. “Member” means a natural or juridical person that has provided personal information to Contemus to register as a member.
2. “Member ID” means a combination of letters and numbers chosen by a Member, approved by and registered with the Contemus, for purposes of identification and use of the Services.
3. “Password” means a combination of letters and numbers chosen and registered with the Contemus by a Member, to verify the Member’s identity and protect the Member’s rights, interests and confidential information.
4. “Withdrawal” means termination of the membership.
5. “Composer” means a person whose nationality is Republic of Korea and who composes contemporary music as a classical music.
Chapter 2. Contract for the Service
Article 1 (Conclusion of the Contract)
1. The contract shall be regarded as agreed, if an agreement has been achieved between a member and the Contemus by member’s reading this User Agreement and clicking “Agree”.
2. The contract shall be regarded as concluded, after filling out member’s information and click “Done”.
3. A user who intends to become a user of the Contemus shall provide personal information required.
Article 2 (Application for a Membership)
Application for a membership will be done by filling in the online application form given online.
Article 3 (Approval for a Membership Application)
Application for a membership will be approved by filling in the online application form given online with an applicant’s correct information.
Article 4 (Rejection for a Membership Application)
1. The cases below are subject to reject of application for a membership. The Contemus shall reject or cancel approval for a membership even after an application for a membership has been approved online.
1) If an applicant does not use the name of his/her own.
2) If an applicant does not offer correct information.
3) If an applicant does harmful activity or posting against the Contemus.
4) If an applicant is a person of bad credit standing.
5) If an applicant might have a serious problem against the Contemus.
2. The application might be hold until the cause below has been resolved.
1) If the Contemus has not enough space to approve an application.
2) If the Contemus has some technical problem at the time of application.
3) If the Contemus makes a decision that holding application shall be inevitable.
Article 5 (Changing Member’s Information)
A member could change his/her information on the Contemus online by himself/herself. Also a member could request the Contemus to change his/her information. However, the Contemus has no responsibility for any trouble caused by unchanged member’s information.
Article 6 (Sharing Information of Members)
1. The Contemus could share member’s information for better service under the condition of business matter, such as cooperation, undertaking, separation, merging with another company
2. The Contemus has a duty to notice for members that member’s information has been shared when the situation Section 1 above happens.
Article 7 (Notification of Information)
The Contemus could notify information, such as important notice, concert or event information etc, for members through email or post.
Article 8 (Protection of Member’s Information)
1. The member’s information shall be used for the purpose of improving the Contemus service.
2. The member’s information shall not be opened to the public without member’s permission.
Chapter 3. Using the Service
Article 1 (Using the Service)
1. The Contemus provides its service 24 hours a day and all around the year without break, however, when the time of system-check, the case needs administrator or the situation of force majeure, the Contemus might cease the service.
2. The administrator is available only during the working hours.
Article 2 (Ceasing the Service)
Ceasing Service could occur in the case below and the Contemus has no responsibility about the problems and trouble caused by it.
1. The situation of force majeure, national disaster, government disorder or any situation that is impossible to maintain the Contemus.
2. The time during the repair or construction of the Contemus system.
3. The time when the web traffic causes a difficulty to get connected to the Contemus.
4. The situation of the Contemus’s local or national electric service provider or internet provider would have ceased the service.
5. The situation of emergency that makes impossible to maintain the Contemus service.
Article 3 (Deletion)
1. The Contemus shall delete member’s information including posted articles and files due to shortage of server capacity.
2. The Contemus shall delete member’s information including posted articles and files due to security concern without any notice.
3. In the case of the Section 1, the Contemus shall notice through the Contemeus service or email etc. before the deletion.
Chapter 4. Restriction of Using the Service and Cancellation of the Contract
Article 1 (Restriction of Using the Service)
A member shall not meet the following actions so that using the Contemus service would be restricted.
1. A member should not use other members ID instead of his/her own.
2. A member should not use the Contemus service for the purpose of crime.
3. A member should not commit an offense against public morals or public order.
4. A member should not commit an offense against other members’ honor.
5. A member should not commit an offense against other members’ copyright.
6. A member should not commit a hacking or spread computer virus.
7. A member should not post commercial information or text regularly which is not appropriate for the purpose of the Contemus.
8. A member should not commit an offense against maintain the Contemus.
9. A member should not commit an offense against the law of Republic of Korea.
Article 2 (Cancellation of the Contract)
Following sections are subject to cancel of the contract and the Contemus has no responsibility about the problems and trouble caused by it.
1. If a member would like to cancel the contract, the member should notice about it to the Contemus by email or any possible method of communication at least 1 day before the day of cancellation. (If the day intended is a national holiday, then a request for cancellation should have been made 2 days before the national holiday.)
2. If a member is applicable to the Article 1 of Chapter 4, the Contemus could set a period of time for resolve the trouble. However, if the trouble is remaining after the period, the Contemus could cancel the contract.
3. A contract which is canceled followed by the Section 2 above, new application for using the Contemus service should be restricted.
Chapter 5. Responsibility
Article 1 (Member’s Responsibility)
1. A member is responsible for caring his/her own ID and Password. The Contemus has no responsibility for any problem or trouble caused by a member’s negligent care for the login information.
2. A member’s ID and Password should not be borrowed, hired, devolved on another user or member without permission.
3. A member should notice to the Contemus immediately if there is any fraud or illegal usage of his/her ID.
4. A member should notice to the Contemus if there if any change of member’s information, such as email address.
5. A member should backup his/her date which is posted on the Contemus. Data loss sould not be issue of any responsibility.
6. A member should change his/her password (PW) regularly to protect personal information.
7. A member should follow this agreement and the law of Republic of Korea.
Article 2 (Contemus’s Responsibility)
1. The Contemus is responsible for maintaining continuous and stable online service.
2. The Contemus is responsible to keep member’s information and data posted safely and carefully. Member’s personal information, such as email address, should not be distributed or disclosed. However, if there is a official request from the Korean government under the law of Republic of Korea, the Contemus provide the information to the Korean government.
3. The Contemus is responsible for resolving problem or trouble immediately claimed by a member, if the claim is reasonable. However, if resolving process takes some time, the Contemus should notice the reason of delay and the time might need.
Article 3 (Deletion of Contents or Posted Information)
If any contents or posted information violates the Article 1 in Chapter 4 or exceed posting period, such as concert information which has fixed date and time, the Contemus shall delete the contents or posted information without any notice.
Article 4 (Flea market and Free board)
The CONTEMUS has no responsibility for any problem or trouble related to the Flea market. Please refer to the User Agreement befor your posting. The CONTEMUS will consider your posting is an agreement for that CONTEMUS has no reponsibility for any problem or trouble related to the Flea market.
1. If the posting is a commercial add or kind of spam add, the posting will be deleted without any notice.
2. If the posting seems to be a fraud or criminal act, the posting will be deleted and the writer’s membership will be canceled without any notice.
Chapter 6. Compensation and Exemption
Article 1 (Compensation)
1. The Contemus recompenses only for a serious fault or error by the Contemus. However, the fault or error should be legally proved whether or not the Contemus is responsible for before compensation.
Article 2 (Exemption)
1. If a member violates the Article 1 in Chapter 4, the Contemus should be exempted from any responsibility caused from the violation. Also the Contemus has no responsibility for any compensation which includes the third party related to the violation. The member who violates the Article 1 in Chapter 4 has all the responsibility, including compensation for the loss of the Contemus, related to the violation.
2. In the case of force majeure, the Contemus is exempted from all the responsibility caused by ceasing the service or system failure.
3. In the case of ceasing the service or system failure that is caused by a member, the Contemus has no responsibility for it.
4. The Contemus is not responsible for any lack of expected profit from the Contemus service or any loss caused by information obtained from the Contemus service.
5. The Contemus is not responsible for accuracy or credibility of any information on the Contemus site and it is member’s responsibility to change his/her password (PW) regularly to protect personal information.
6. A member has all the responsibility for caring his/her ID and Password. The Contemus is not responsible for any fraud use or criminal act by third party or for any problem or trouble caused by a member’s negligent care for the login information.
Chapter 7. Other
Article 1 (Settlement of a Dispute)
1. The Contemus and a member should try their best to settle a dispute caused by the Contemus service.
2. Unless the Section 1, if a dispute does not settle, the local court of the Contemus shall be the competent court for the dispute.
Enforcement Date: Apr 1st, 2016